[nos-bbs] B2F bulletin fixes, etc ...

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue May 3 13:28:32 EDT 2011

Hi Gus,

> my new JNOS system is forwarding OK since several hours...

Sounds good.

Now, my only complaint about B2F so far is that one can not
reject bulletins anymore at the proposal level, you have to
wait now for the COMPLETE payload to be transferred before
there is any chance to see who the recipient (To:) is.

I'm not so sure there is really any benefit to use B2F between
two JNOS systems, the only difference is an extra checksum and
computation of the extra checksum. And because you now have to
wait for an ENTIRE payload to be received (no matter how big),
it is a waste of bandwidth if you wind up rejecting a bunch of
bulletins anyways.

Right now, bulletins I do not want just get sent to CHECK area,
there is no way to *reject* them anymore. Rejects will now only
occur if the message id in the proposal is a duplicate.

That's my observations so far anyways ...

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM