[nos-bbs] JNOS (#define B2F) - fwding problem/disaster with *older* systems

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Jan 19 15:55:37 EST 2011

> If the connecting station is a '1' (regular FBB or whatever) and the
> connected to station is a '2' (B2F) won't both use the lowest common
> ('1') protocol.

Yes, it's supposed to work that way.

> Does this mean the current JNOS is treating the incoming as B2F even
> when it's not and the sending station has said it's a '1' only system.

The dosid() call is supposed to reset to the lowest common denominator.

I will have to double check (now I'm paranoid) to make sure that is the
case. I really thought it was, and I am pretty sure when I sent the '2'
in the SID to the WinFbb system, it caused some sort of problem, even
when I went to the lower FBB level offered to me by that system.

I'll double check all of this. In the meantime, the 'mbox nob2f' is a
another way around this for now. It does fix the problem, as I've had
several users use it to get things working again.

Stay tuned :(

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM