[nos-bbs] Newmail error

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:36:26 EST 2011

Ok:

Last night I deleted everything in the /jnos/spool/mail  folder.  All messages gone. All .TXT  .INF  .USR ... everything

I also deleted the following files :
/jnos/spool/history
/jnos/spool/mail.log
/jnos/spool/users.dat
/jnos/spool/users.bak

I made sure to stop JNOS before doing this.
After deleting those files, I restarted JNOS and went to bed and waited for new messages to arrive at my BBS.

This morning I logged into JNOS and still was *not* greeted with any "New mail in <area>" at all.

I did confirm that there was new mail in four of my "areas".

Also, *yes* I do have an "areas" file defined in directory /jnos/spool

Next idea :)

Bill
KG6BAJ