[nos-bbs] IM Clients With WW Converse Server?

Charles Hargrove n2nov at arrl.net
Sun Feb 20 10:40:11 EST 2011

I ran through the manual and did not see anything about a browser based
mailbox.  Other than that (which sounds interesting), my first goal on this
project is to have a quick and easy chat client that can be accessed
anywhere, by anyone on any device or O/S (I would prefer a common software
package, that's why I mentioned Trillian and their different versions).

Ours is an EmComm group and I'm looking at a quite useful tool that would
be common for our group, provide an eventual pathway into packet bbs usage
and if it can be easily done by those who only use their PC to surf the web
and get email, let alone branching out into the more advanced and/or
esoteric bits of messaging and networking.  I need to get them to crawl
with a useful tool before they can walk and then run.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Net Mon. @ 8:30PM 441.100/136.5 PL & 145.230/114.8 PL
http://www.nyc-arecs.org and http://www.nyc-races.org

NYDXA SWL & Scanner Net Wed. @ 9PM 441.100/136.5 PL & 145.230/114.8 PL
http://www.n2nov.net

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through
the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified
borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus