[nos-bbs] IM Clients With WW Converse Server?

Brett Mueller wa7v at wa7v.com
Sat Feb 19 13:41:44 EST 2011

On 2/19/2011 10:25, Charles Hargrove wrote:
> Has anybody used an IM/IRC client to access the Converse server via telnet?
> I was thinking of installing Trillian and modifying the IRC settings.  Ideas?

I'm not completely sure about your objective, but for me, the main thing I
miss when I'm using an ordinary telnet client in convers is the lack of a chat
[type-ahead] window.  Xconvers is an excellent client for Linux, designed
specifically for that purpose.  In the Windows world, my choice for *free*
telnet clients that feature an optional chat window is called "MishTerm."  It
seems to work fine as a convers client.  VanDyke Software also makes a very
nice, full-featured Windows client, but it's far from free.

73,

Brett, WA7V