[nos-bbs] JNOS TTY console - No Visual

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 23:50:56 EST 2011

Well, I did figure out one thing....

My inital post that JNOS was not automatically starting using this line:
"exec /jnos/jnos -a 40 -d/jnos </dev/tty4> /dev/tty4 2>&1"  was, in fact, correct.

Before this issue, when JNOS did auto-run, I did use that command.

After the issue arose, I had to modify the line and drop the last part of "...... 2>&1" so that the line now reads:
"exec /jnos/jnos -a 40 -d/jnos </dev/tty4> /dev/tty4"

I forgot to post that the yesterday when I discovered that JNOS now runs with just a blinking cursor.

If I manually enter the line as  "exec /jnos/jnos -a 40 -d/jnos </dev/tty4> /dev/tty4 2>&1" at a command promt, leaving the "2>&1" part in, linux responds with an "ambiguous redirect" error. That gave the clue to remove the "..2>&1" portion, thus getting JNOS to finally run on computer startup/boot.

I should re-state that JNOS was not starting until I removed the last part.

As for the "-a 40" part you asked about, that tells JNOS to allow no more than 40 axip/udp links.

So, as it is, JNOS starts. It just doesn't reveal that when I toggle to console 4.

Booting with different kernals has no change.

In the words of Leonard Nimoy, I am still "In search of" ....

Bill
KG6BAJ