[nos-bbs] Why JNOS?

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:16:17 EST 2011

An interesting query on the 44net list...    I know my reasons but it
would be interesting to hear from those others on here still using
JNOS:

73
Bill - WA7NWP

----

Is the main reason that people are still running//supporting/using
NOS/JNOS etc. for 44net and packet radio application mostly one of
legacy?  When one has An OS that can and does provide all the network
level connectivity and routing functions as well as various protocols
for chat, mail, news, messaging and general communication one could
host and run anything.  Why NOS/JNOS?

AF6EP