[nos-bbs] JNOS & tactical calls

Michael Curry dgspotman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:19:09 EDT 2011

Hi FiSH,

The reasoning behind having an ftpusers entry for each known user was to
give each user their own directory area, essentially a "home directory." But
I see now that that was kind of a stupid idea. Because, what's the user
gonna do with it? Upload files that only he or she can download again?

Thanks for asking the question, thus causing me to re-read the writeup on
ftpusers and thereby understand what those directories are really for!

Michael KI6TYV

(P.S. I failed to "reply all" to your earlier post, so I'm posting our
"mini-thread" back to the list to document the exchange.)