[nos-bbs] White Pages

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 19:10:33 EDT 2011

Looking at the difference between JNOS and FBB, one of the biggest setbacks I've seen is that JNOS does not use white-pages.

In the JNOS file, USERS.DAT, I see that anyone who registers and inputs the HROUTE to their home bbs, that the USERS.DAT file itself does store the HROUTE (White-Pages info.)

But, I notice that when users attempt to send a message to a callsign only (with no trailing '@blablabla' , JNOS does not attempt to lookup the HROUTE (white-page info) from the USERS.DAT file.

Looking over some very old paperwork from a TNOS setup, it looks as if TNOS may implement the use of "WHITE PAGES".

Has anyone ever imported a WHITE-PAGE module for use with JNOS ??

Bill
KG6BAJ