[nos-bbs] Configuring a Kenwood TM-D710 for use with JNOS?

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:02:02 EDT 2011

Not a waste at all.   I'd really like to hear how well that works for
you - specially if you can give it a good workout at 9k6.   Note that
the D710 will pop out of KISS mode if it cycles power so be prepaired
to somehow deal with that.    Boy I wish we had a $600 dual band radio
(plus second tnc-x for 1200 baud) with built in 9k6 TNC back in the
days of serious JNOS/Packet...

> Argh... just answered my own question. The additional command is "RESTART".
> The Kenwood manual actually spells it out, it just does so in a rather
> indirect way.
>
> Sorry for the wast of bandwith. Hopefully this research helps someone else
> in the future.

73
Bill - WA7NWP