[nos-bbs] No Takers ??

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:27:15 EDT 2011

This bites me everything I set up a new JNOS systems...

> First, all other aspects of my REWRITE file appear to work correctly, EXCEPT
> for local users sending messages to local users. That part of the rewrite
> file doesn't work correctly what-so-ever.

Have you found the "rewrite test command" - that helps a lot!

> My JNOS station call is  kg6baj.
>
> My line in my REWRITE file for local stations looks like this:
> ====================
> *@kg6baj    $1
> *@kg6baj.*  $1
> ====================
>
> This just flat out doesn't work when one local user sends to another local
> user.

It should work if a user entered  "sp wa7nwp at kg6aij"  but what about
when there's no @kg6baj?  Just "sp wa7nwp" -  do you have a final ' *
$1' rule to catch that?

I'm one wire from hooking JNOS in one room to the TNC in another and
getting back on the air with it.  There are so many reasons to get
this done -- most of them good reasons.  :-)   Maybe tonight.

73
Bill