[nos-bbs] Minimal local mail forwarding setup?

Michael Curry dgspotman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:54:01 EDT 2011

Hi all,

New JNOS user here (about 5 days in), trying to figure out the minimal
configuration needed to get local mail (i.e., mail sent from one local user
to another) to actually appear in the addressee's mailbox.

Just to set the terms of the scenario, let's say that my system's hostname
is "k1bbs" with bbscall "K1BBS-2", and I have two users defined, "k1usr" and
"k2usr". One of these users, say "k1usr" connects to the system via AX.25,
and uses the "S" command to send a message to "k2usr". When the user
completes the message, the system reports that the message has been queued.

Sure enough, in spool/mqueue there are two files corresponding to the
message, 2.txt and 2.wrk. 2.txt contains: