[nos-bbs] Ubuntu 10.04 file run error

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 19:57:30 EST 2010

Ok.... So I had to turn off the computer for a while and take a break.

When I turned the computer back on, my eyes caught something I had not paid attention too.

In all the various configuration tweeks, JNOS had *tried* (I believe in console 5) to run and left me a bread crumb.

If one is not in the JNOS directory, or doesn't  tell a called script to be in the JNOS directory when trying to run JNOS, JNOS starts, then not seeing some important directories (because is was called outside of the JNOS directory), JNOS will create the missing directories, and attempt to finish booting. Usually with an error that it could not find the "autoexec.nos" file.

The directories JNOS will create if it doesn't see them are *FINGER* *LOGS* *SPOOL* *WWWLOGS* *WWWSTATS*

So, finally I take note that these directories exists in the root folder, when they should not.

What this boils down to is the fact that when I boot, and have any script called, and that script has this line "cd /jnos", the script ignores it as an error and *appears* to try to run jnos, but not being in the jnos directory, that attempt fails.

So, I would presume that maybe several variations of what I tried did actually get the tty5 console to flicker on, then off as jnos failed.

Now I need to diagnose why the command line "cd /jnos" wont process when called from the "startnos" file.

Bob, also a note to you. I tried doing it with "dojnos" and your file provided (making the changes needed) and got the same results.

So..... Anyone know why Ubuntu 10.04 hates to change directories from a called file?

Bill
KG6BAJ