[nos-bbs] ubuntu 9.1 compiles OK now, but...

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 00:27:55 EST 2010

I use Ubuntu 10

If I start JNOS as just a "common user", the TUN and MASQUERADE doesn't load correct and the ethernet cant find anything for my axip and 44.x.x.x links.

If I start JNOS as "root" all TUN and MASQUERADE works fine.

If I run JNOS as "root" and set a "respawn" so if JNOS dies it will restart.

Question...... Since I need "root" to make JNOS work correctly, and my motherboard will reboot after a power failure, how does one get Ubuntu to auto-login as "root" ?

I can make it auto-login as any other defined user. Just no option in the menu of users for "root" to auto-login.

Go to any Ubuntu forum board and all you see is "Auto login as ROOT!!!!!   WE don't want to do that. WE would have a security risk"

I don't know who "WE" is! This is my machine and yes I do want to auto-login as root.

Anyone know how it's done?

After a power failure I want it to reboot as root, and run JNOS automatically.

Bill
KG6BAJ