[nos-bbs] sync timer testing

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Mon Nov 8 00:46:20 EST 2010

Maiko,

Testing results so far:

Running on a machine with 3 x 1200 baud ports (2m, 220, 440).   Machine is a
mini-ITX board with an ATOM 330 processor, 2G RAM and 160G hard drive.
Running Ubuntu 10.4.

Ran with sync time set to 500 ms for a day - figured we'd try to stress it.
Sending multiple message in one port, destined for another BBS, so it's
being forward out the other port.  Radios running continuously.  No
noticeable change in performance vs. no sync time - even when viewing on
Ubuntu System Monitor (CPU, memory utilization graphs, etc.).

Just dropped sync time to 250 ms.  Will do some more load testing tomorrow.
If it works, I'll lower it again - see if we can break something.

That's it for now.

Michael

N6MEF