[nos-bbs] Ubuntu 10.4 Server and JNOS anyone?

George [ham] VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Mon Jun 21 19:44:57 EDT 2010

On 06/21/2010 05:45 PM, Jim Smith wrote:
> It will run for about 10-14 hours, then the console freezes and CPU
> utilization goes to over 95% (normally less than 10%). JNOS is still
> responsive if I telnet into it, but the console is frozen. Any ideas?
I experience 95%+ CPU utilization as you describe when I have a "broken"
path.  In my case, broken means an I/O device is attached as ttyS0 or
S1, but the TNC is non-functional, might not happen when only the radio
is off.  In general -- the AX.25 path is defined but no traffic
happens.  I can't speak for the console device because I no longer look
-- just shut jnos down.  The remainder of the services on the host do
slow down, maybe because I defined nice -5.  This platform is Fedora,
jnos is 2.0f.

> Thanks!
>
> Jim N8AVX
73