[nos-bbs] Potential Timer Issue in JNOS (3rd try- sorry)

fish810 fish810 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 12:39:16 EDT 2010

Maybe it's gotta be plain text.  Again sorry for the duplication.

Hello,

I have 2 JNOS nodes which each use EXPIRE [interval] to  prune older messages
from public areas and AX25 BCINTERVAL [interval] to  set regular beacons.

Sometime after a long uptime (several  weeks), both nodes have stopped expiring
old messages and both beacons  have stopped.  Same behavior observed on both
nodes.

>From the JNOS console, I get this:

EXPIRE
timer: -183/24

AX25 BCINTERVAL
Broadcast timer  403528419/1800

Both functions resumed normally when I manually re-entered proper intervals.

So  it looks to me like a potential bug in the way some timer register is
managed.  Perhaps when the timer expires and gets restarted.

Has anyone seen a similar problem?
I'm looking at the timer code but open to  pointers from anyone already familiar
with it.

Extra background:

Both nodes running JNOS2.0h with Ubuntu 9.04
The original settings were:
EXPIRE 24
AX25  BCINTERVAL 1800

Thanks for any help or ideas you may have.

Cheers,
FiSH, K6FSH
Bob Fishman