[nos-bbs] RIP process

George [ham] VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed Jul 7 12:18:19 EDT 2010

Fascinating question Don...

On 07/07/2010 10:58 AM, Don Moore wrote:
> Is anyone currently using the RIP process in jnos2h today or is it
> currently down?
I hope you get numerous responses that you can assemble into a working RIP.

> and so far I don't see any routes showing up here.
I am presuming you applied RIP to only one mobile(?) host.  My
expectation is the answer to your empty routes falls to a lack of
participation in RIP with the subnet that surrounds you.   A definitive
answer could use a fair amount of detail in the question...:-)

I began pursuing RIP here, but never completed.  Perhaps lack of
interest in my area, and personally I don't have enough hardware.   I
have reason to believe the feature functions, but that RIP may have some
minor instability in the code as a result of minimal use worldwide.  It
may not be reasonable to presume all your neighbors use the same cose
base as you do?

> 73, Don - ve3zda
No matter what you find to be an answer, I hope you will keep us [me] in
the loop so I can include your topic [experience] in jnoswiki.

73
Skip