[nos-bbs] Routers and NAT

Kerry Smith n3nxo at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 21:50:06 EST 2010

What i'm seeing in the Linksys is this...

I Test a telnet connection into the Nos box.  On the ETH0 trace, I
see the packet come in from the external NON 44 IP to the Internal
box IP, such as -- source 24.24.24.24 Dest 192.168.0.100

I then see on the encap trace, the packet DE Encapsulated
such as -- source 24.24.24.24 Dest 44.80.32.186

The nos box responds to the 24.24.24.24 with a packet such
as -- source 44.80.32.186 Dest 24.24.24.24

This ip does not get encapsulated since the destingation is
a NON 44 addy.  This is VERY Normal.

If I connect directly to the DSL Modem and hard code my static
ip into the box, everything talks.  Works both ways and all.
(this is without the linksys router)