[nos-bbs] Thanks for the help and some 'new' info for other new users

Chris kc2rgw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 23:52:24 EST 2010

So thanks as usual for all the help with various things as I got
myself all set up here with JNOS2.

Learned a whole bunch for sure.

I recently learned that the 9600b audio line is a _lot_ better to use
with soundcard packet too.  I'd been running with a cord set up for
the 1200 audio line and just switched over to 9600 earlier today...the
packets sound a lot more 'normal', louder, stronger and the
connections are a whole lot more reliable.  I think it is the
deviation that is the issue with 1200, it's so touchy to get the right
drive level.

I had to do a bunch of fiddling around with params before I got it
working well.  I think I'll keep my fingers out of it at this point.

--
73      de     Chris       KC2RGW