[nos-bbs] JNOS and Winlink interfacing -- close but stuck

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Dec 23 23:45:58 EST 2010

On 12/23/2010 10:20 PM, Maiko Langelaar wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I'm taking off for a few days - christmas at the outlaws :)

Have fun ;-)

>> And JNOS responded back with FS -
>
> It will do this is the message id has been used already by your JNOS,
> or if you have a reject clause in your rewrite file, or if the address
> of the recipient is not resolvable. This could be a combo of domain.txt
> or DNS and/or rewrite file. Perhaps others can chime in on this.

So, my understanding at this point is that after seeing something like
FC EM F4SI84H4G9JI 137 135 0, JNOS hasn't yet seen a recipient; indeed,
it appears to be rejecting it with FS - before the remote has a chance
to send a recipient.  Is that correct?

My domain.txt is standard (mentions only KR0L) and I have no rewrite
file.  I have sent test messages from this account to my Winlink account.

This is a fresh JNOS installation so there's no way it saw the ID
before; and indeed, it does this for every message ID it gets from Winlink.

> You could turn on the mbox trace during forwarding and see what the
> console/logs say (ie, mbox trace on).

I already did before I sent this message, so that's all the info I'm
getting right now.

Thanks again, and merry Christmas!

-- John