[nos-bbs] Interested in REPEAT packet statistics?

Barry k2mf at ptd.net
Tue Apr 13 15:09:39 EDT 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:58:03 -0400, "George \[ham\] VerDuin"
<k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote:

> Hi again Kenneth.
> I haven't heard from you re: How to send trace data.
> So, let's try this.
>
> On 04/11/2010 02:42 PM, Kenneth C Coe Jr wrote:
>
>> George,
>>
>> There is no such thing as "un-necessary packet duplication."
>
> Please consider the stream of data your node is transmitting.
> Let's say you have re-transmitted a packet say three times.
> Now let's say after the third then you receive 3 duplicate
> ACKS.

I love math problems!

> What does the fact you receive dup ACK tell you about your
> own node?

That your own node has a T1/Retry timer set to expire at least
three times faster than it should be?

--
73, de Barry, K2MF >>
k2mf at ptd.net

Einstein's definition of insanity:

"Doing the exact same thing over and over again,
expecting different results."