[nos-bbs] No network connectivity

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Fri May 8 02:59:30 EDT 2009

Hi Doug,

I miss a default route to the linux kernel in the autoexec.nos

route add default  tun0

Restart jnos after adding that line.
Can you ping jnos now from the linux shell?

Realize also that it is better if your get a 44 address so that
you can set "ip address" to that instead as the host ka3l-1.ampr.org
doesn't resolve in the dns.

(the range 44.128/16 can be used for test purposes in the mean time)

For hosts not registered in the dns add them to the domain.txt

Also look for the ipv4  forwarding line in /etc/sysctl.conf
so that jnos can be reached from the lan.

#net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

Remove the '#' in front of it.

With the linux command: sysctl  -p    you can reload sysctl.conf

73,

Bob VE3TOK