[nos-bbs] High CPU jnos, sockets and CHR character special files ; =)

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Jun 20 22:22:48 EDT 2009

Excellent detective work Bob !

I really appreciate the effort you've put into tracing this.

I just finished doing some reading on EAGAIN (and EWOULDBLOCK) and
see the issues that you make reference too. Yeah, I guess with the
older systems it was not a big deal, but it looks like I'll have to
go take another look. I know where I have to look now anyways.

> jnos2f4-j 1930 root    5u   CHR    3,1            2930 /dev/ttyp1

What type of interface (which attach) is that TTY used in ?

> While I was still digesting the FBB source code, F6FVB came up
> already with a patch yesterday what introduced micro delays in
> the revfrom() blocking function.

If you don't mind, forward me his patch (for reference purposes).

Thank you.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM