[nos-bbs] JNOS Setup... Autoexec.nos

Adam Liette aliette at embarqmail.com
Fri Jan 30 23:24:10 EST 2009

As I've mentioned, I have no access to ethernet and tcp/ip. I'm on
Fedora Core 6. Here's the Autoexec.nos I've been trying to work.

73 de N8YD!

#
# A minimal autoexec.nos for a JNOS system having network connectivity
# the linux box on which it is running on. From JNOS you can telnet to
the
# linux box, and from the linux box you can telnet to JNOS. Any packet
radio
# users can connect to JNOS through the single RF port which can be any
TNC
# running in KISS mode. This configuration also allows JNOS users to
exchange
# mail with other JNOS users (local mail), using the Send and Receive
cmds.
#
# The jnosinstaller was designed for first time JNOS users, giving them
# something to start playing with.
#
# This autoexec.nos was GENERATED by jnosinstaller (version 2.1), which
was
# released in January of 2008. The original version was written in July
of
# the year 2005 - both versions written by Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM.
#
# Enable JNOS to log events to dated files in /jnos/logs directory
#
log on
#
# Maximize TCP performance for standard LAN having MTU 1500
#
tcp mss 1460
tcp window 5840
#
tcp maxwait 30000
tcp retries 5
#
ip address 192.168.2.2
#
# Hostname and default ax25 call
#
hostname n8yd.ampr.org
ax25 mycall n8yd
domain 192.168.2.1
#
# Local DNS is done via the 'domain.txt' file !
#
# Create a network interface. This allows us to talk to the linux
# box on which JNOS is running - and in turn - to the internet.
#
attach tun tun0 1500 0
#
ifconfig tun0 ipaddress 192.168.2.2
ifconfig tun0 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig tun0 mtu 1500
#
# Give it a chance to come up
#
pause 1
#
# JNOS creates the TUN device, so JNOS needs to do some post
configuration,
# by shelling out to the linux command line and running 'ifconfig'
command.
#
shell ifconfig tun0 192.168.2.1 pointopoint 192.168.2.2 mtu 1500 up
#
# Attach AXIP wormhole to a remote system
#
attach axip axi0 256 192.168.2.1
#
ifconfig axi0 description "axip wormhole"
#
# Attach AXUDP wormhole to a remote system
#
attach axudp axu0 256 192.168.2.1
#ifconfig axu0 description "axudp wormhole"
#
# Attach a kiss enabled TNC
#
attach asy ttyS0 - ax25 vhf 4096 256 9600
#
ifconfig vhf description "vhf - 1200 baud port"
#
param vhf 2 256
param vhf 3 1
param vhf 5 1
#
param vhf TxDelay 50
#
# Beacon out the RF port every 20 minutes
#
#
ax25 bctext "N8YD Jnos internet gateway"
ax25 bcinterval 3600
ax25 bc vhf
#

# WHAT = <permit | deny | delete>
# PROT = <tcp | icmp | udp | any>
# PORT = ATTACHED INTERFACE/PORT
# LOW  = TCP or UDP low port number
# HIGH = TCP or UDP high port number
#
# Below I use the following pseudo PORT names:
#   RF   = ax25 rf port (431.90 MHz)
#   eth0     = PACKET interface to ethernet card
#   ENCAP    = ENCAP routing interface
#
# IP  ACCESS WHAT   PROT SOURCE         DESTINATION     PORT  low
high
# ##  ###### ###### #### #############  ############### ##### ######
######
#
# Setup access restrictions to minimize potential FCC Part 97
violations.
# Note:  order of the following is important.
#
# Permit any packets from other AMPRNet hosts.
tcp access permit 44/8 all RF
tcp access permit 44/8 all 80M
#
# Allow FTP client sessions from the AMPRNet side to transfer data.
tcp access permit all RF 20

#
# Allow hydra.carleton.ca to send the NOS-BBS list directly.
#ip access permit tcp 134.117.12.18 all pi0b 25
# Allow amsat.org to send bulletins directly.
#ip access permit tcp 128.54.16.15 all pi0b 25
#
# Allow domain lookups
tcp access permit all all RF 53
#
# Allow mpg.phys.hawaii.edu complete access for debugging/monitoring
purposes.
#ip access permit 128.171.11.17 all pi0b
#
# Deny connections to all other 'well-known' server sockets.
tcp access permit all all RF 1 1023
tcp access permit all all RF 1 1023
#
# Prevent access to converse ports from the Internet.
tcp access permit all all RF 3600
#
# Permit connections to all other user (client) sockets and
# protocols (including AXIP).
tcp access permit all all RF

ax25 bctext N8YD JNOS BBS. Ansonia, Ohio. Feel free to connect. Open to
all. n8yd at arrl.net

# Start the engines
#
start ax25