[nos-bbs] JNOS setup

Adam Liette aliette at embarqmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:54:32 EST 2009

Hello, all. I did take the suggestion a while ago, and installed Fedora Core
6 Linux, as that's what I have onhand and have a little experience with. All
is well with the JNOS 2.0f install, but I'm still finding a couple of
hitches in it's get-up.

It appears JNOS masks the eth0 port to tun0 and provides a local ip. I'm not
sure how to make this work, as I can telnet, etc from from the console, but
not JNOS. Also users can connect on AX25 and send messages, but new mail is
not posted.

I've been searching for documents or archived postings that might help, but
just find text on basic "on the air" operations, and the advantages/features
of JNOS. Needing more of "Can't do this? Then try...."

Thanks for any advice!

Adam, N8YD