[nos-bbs] APRS question and I'm away (intermitent internet)

Hal IamW8MCH at verizon.net
Mon Aug 17 13:41:41 EDT 2009

On 08-17, Bob Tenty wrote:
> You only want to run an APRS digipeater or also want to run
> an X-Window application with maps?
> There is Xastir for that.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob VE3TOK

	Greetings again; I have Xastir, but it's a front end and I'm
looking to learn something about APRS to try and keep busy in my old age
since most other "hobbies" are now gone.. Front ends are OK for
operating but don't teach what's under the hood, so to speak..

	I can't be a digipeater or active because this complex does not
allow Ham Radio so the antenna is hidden in the eves, etc... "Testing"
is about all I can hope for..

	I've read all the docs I could find but must not understand much
of it.. Little by little I may learn, eh?? Thanks for your suggestions..

--

        Vy 73 de Hal--W8MCH    UNIX-GNU/Linux - Slackware 11.0, 2.4.33.3
.