[nos-bbs] encap.txt

Raymond Quinn w6ray at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 15 00:50:02 EDT 2008

Greetings from Visalia, CA.

I am in the process of setting up a gateway for Central California. I have
some ampr.org addresses assigned to me (I believe 44.2.10.202 though 205)
and I am having difficulty getting things to work. I have been at this off
and on for nearly a year and am getting a bit frustrated.

First, I would like to get find out how to get the encap.txt file and have
MANY, MANY questions regarding the routing using a public STATIC IP address.
I just don't know which question to ask first or where to begin. The default
setup from the "jnosinstallation" script wasn't quite as helpful in this
regard as I had hoped, although it did do its job in installing a basic
working setup. It is a fine script. I am looking for real-world examples
with explanations as what that command is doing and why. I can provide more
information if I just knew what to post, where to begin.

Any sincere help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

73 de Ray Quinn W6RAY
Visalia, CA DM06