[nos-bbs] JNOS Telnet Problems

Angela - M1SCH / PE1BIV nos-bbs_mail at scholder.nl
Thu Oct 9 04:07:18 EDT 2008

Hi Stephen,

<snip>
> The PC with the JNOS is on IP 192.168.0.100 and the JNOS is  IP
> 192.168.0.110 I have opened the ports to 192.168.0.100 port 23. I have
> a DLINK router it will no show the JNOS IP 192.168.0.110
As only one suggested, you have to set port forwarding in the router for
port 23 (telnet) to the IP of your JNOS on 192.168.0.110.

I have several machines running JNOS in my Packet LAN and have several
sevices reachable from the Internet, which obviously all need their specific
ports forwarded to the machine running the service.
The BBS is a different machine that the one running the incoming mail
exchange, web server and for the time being the POP3 server (an other
machine is bein prepared which will also do NNTP).

Angela