[nos-bbs] JNOS crashing on Forward with MSYS (oops)

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Nov 25 11:59:47 EST 2008

Sorry, I got Jean's email truncated by accident.

Hi Phil,

> stations I'm trying to connect to (and the strongest signal of them all)
> is running MSYS. Every time I try to send a message to him from my NOS,
> JNOS2 crashes just after establishing a connection to him.

VE2PKT had this problem to earlier this year (February) ...

JNOS would crash after this point below :

  11:10:22  - recv [N5OMG-4:MSYGAT} Connected to N5EQO]
  11:10:26  - recv [[MSYS-1.20beta4-BFHI$]]
  11:10:26  - recv [>]
  11:10:26  - sending our SID
  11:10:26  - start actual forwarding
  11:10:26  N5OMG-4 @ N5OMG-4 - MBOX FBB forwarding mail to: n5eqo

  Nothing in the log, then 4 minutes later JNOS would restart ...

When he ran the debugger (gdb) on the JNOS program, this is what we got :

   Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation Fault.
   0xb7d9d19b in ?? () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6

   I am running ubuntu v7.04, and this is my LOG for that crash.

Can you run the gdb debugger on your running JNOS program ? For example :

     gdb -p <pid of running JNOS program>

Then try and forward MSYS again and see if it crashes. I read somewhere
that perhaps this has something to do with BID fields, I'll have to check,
but I don't think Jean ever got back to me about what was causing this.

I have copied him on this, hoping he has something to add.

73 Maiko