[nos-bbs] BUG - forwarding issues (headers/from/to) in 2.0f - 2.0e OK ...

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Mar 31 12:09:04 EDT 2008

A big thanks to Jack (AA6HF) for letting me know about this.

It looks like an enhancement that I did in version 2.0f actually DID
create a bug in how I setup the 'tofrom' field when receiving messages
that are FBB forwarded from a remote system. Originally I told Jack that
I did not touch any of that code, but NO, it looks like I actually did.

In 2.0f I put in a feature where if an AirMail client wants to connect
and *directly* have JNOS send an email to someone they can. In the source
file, 'fbbfwd.c', there is a define for AIRMAILGW. By default, I had it
defined, which will enable the bug.

HOW TO FIX (until I release a proper patch)
----------

Remove the '#define AIRMAILGW' at line 75 of fbbfwd.c, then 'make'.

Here are Jack's original comments :

   I've suspected a forwarding header problem with the latest version of
   JNOS 2.0f+ ... The problem seems to be in the messages being forwarded.
   In short, it looks like the "R" line is missing in messages forwarded
   from JNOS (version 'f'+). There are also differences in the way the
   FROM/TO information is handled ... Note the '@' vs the '%' symbols.

I apologize to everyone who was affected by this. I can just see a
bunch of people spending days going over their REWRITE file, wrecking
it in the process, where all along it was probably okay. Sorry :(

If anyone can confirm this fix works, please notify me direct !

Thank you.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM