[nos-bbs] B2F (compression) success !!!

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:37:33 EDT 2008

>  > JNOS will be able to forward the B2F compressed Airmail to
>  > the WL2K CMS servers ?
>
>  Perhaps this shows my ignorance, but compressed forwarding over
>  any telnet connection is doomed to failure in my opinion. Time and
>  time again I see the odd post where people are having trouble doing
>  compressed forwarding over a telnet session. The reason is the byte
>  value of 0xff in a TELNET session is an IAC (interpret as command)

Compressed B2F over telnet is the basis of all the "telnet" forwarding
used by WL2K.

This may relate to the need during some manual telnet sessions to send
a period as the first character of the login name to force it into a
transparent mode.  The details are fuzzy as it's been a while since I
tried that.

Bill - WA7NWP