[nos-bbs] Linux setup

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Sat Mar 22 20:24:17 EDT 2008

Probably what ever one you LIKE the best Quentin.

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 18:10 -0500, Quentin Falkenbury wrote:
> Hi
> I have a nice clean hardrive and wish to setup Linux so i can set up a
> full version of  jnos 2.0.Which version of linux is recommended? I am
> trying to set up slackware 10.1 as i have download links to it.
Slackware is in use by Maiko and others.
FC-8 is in use by myself and others.
Ubuntu is gaining users.
Debian & DSL-N are on my desk for the next two installs.
I expect there are others presently in use.
There seems to be no single recommended distro.

If you go back thru the archive of this forum, you may pick out others
but I don't recall any are unsuccessful -- each has it's peculiarities.