[nos-bbs] Exit KISS mode

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 6 23:56:26 EST 2008

Actually no, it may be simpler than that Jerry & Michele.

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 21:36 -0600, Jerry and Michele Groeneveld wrote:
> I run JNOS 1.11f on DOS. I want to code the onexit file to
> exit from KISS on a Kantronics KPC 3. I know the alt code is
> 192, 255, 192.
This function is built into the "param <interface> exit" command.

>  How do I code this using the comm (port)
> command? Do I use three lines?
Try this:
Visit jnoswiki.no-ip.org site.
In the top-right corner is a search box: enter "exit kiss" [without "
marks probably].
Click on "TEXT" box to initiate a text search [not title search].
>From the list - click on the "param" heading to read the whole
description about the param command.

Try it out in the "onexit" file - it works here [for jnos2.0].
You may like it.
Problem for me is that I did not like it:
  Because I set/reset KISS more often in a year with the command than
without the command.  It has everything to do with "why" jnos is
exited...

> Jerry, N0MR

If none of that works for jnos1.11, go ahead and modify the wiki text to
tell the next user what did work for you...

Best of hamming to you.

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k