[nos-bbs] Update - JNOS development (or lack thereof) and PK232 ...

Ramsay D. Seielstad vze2n6jv at verizon.net
Tue Jul 29 07:53:32 EDT 2008

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> Have you thought to call AEA ?
>>
> I wouldn't know what to ask them. That's the problem.
>>
>> They are aware of your project and whenever I've called them
>> for help they have been very willing.
>
> That's nice to hear, but I hope they realize JNOS is 'obsolete' :)

[ snip snip ]
> :)
>
> Maiko

   Actually Maiko, JNOS is far from obsolete, since the new buzzword
everywhere is "interoperability".

   Since taking on JNOS, you have crafted a software system that can
handle transporting almost any packet mode message at it, whether via an
RF link or a hardwired internet link.

   JNOS is that interoperable hub between those vastly different
messaging systems and was way ahead of the curve before all the 'Spec
Masters' were toting and promoting it.

   On top of that, JNOS also has the feature rich capabilities to
simultaneously function as a standalone server and end user system,
providing almost, if not all the protocols (I know you're still toiling
away on that Winlink/Telpac/Airmail thing), to get any job done.

   You really deserve a heap of accolades if you compare the leap of
capabilities from 1.11 to 2.0(f - right?)  There isn't much an amateur
packet radio enthusiast can't do in JNOS on the RF or internet
connectivity.  Keep up the great work on the cutting edge technology of
tomorrow that the pundits haven't recognized yet.

    R.D. Seielstad, kc2gmw