[nos-bbs] New to packet, running linux, looking for some advice

Chris kc2rgw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:27:01 EST 2008

FWIW, the latest JNOS2 I downloaded will compile just fine on an
Ubuntu 7.10 system and works with tun just fine.  I substituted my
'bloated' up defines version with most everything enabled for the bin
that the nice installer script uses so I had a base autoexec.nos to
start hacking on.

I still haven't completely sorted out what I'm doing wrong, but I'm
getting closer each time I hack at the autoexec.nos file.  I've got it
able to ping and telnet over my LAN, but something about my routing is
a bit off still so I haven't been able to get past the LAN gateway to
the internet yet and mail is still fouled up.

I'm still slugging away though, better I figure it out on my own
really, I'm learning quite a bit as I slog through it.