[nos-bbs] Jnos crashes, /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6, UBUNTU ...

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Feb 19 10:42:02 EST 2008

Good morning,

Jean and Bob have reported errors similar to the following :

> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation Fault.
> 0xb7d9d19b in ?? () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6

Both of them are running JNOS in UBUNTU version 7.x ...

Searching out the above error on Google surprised me a bit. This error
is appearing in many different applications that make use of the glibc
libraries. I recall a while ago a similar problem in UBUNTU, where it
was determined that a bug in GLIBC or some other GNU lib was being a
problem.

Based on what I have read on the above error, perhaps another problem
has surfaced again. Even with the debug option included in the compile,
the symbol tables are not showing up in GDB for the libc.so module.

The only thing I can suggest at this time, is look (or wait) for a
software update to the UBUNTU packages and see if that resolves the
problems. Or uninstall a recent update to GLIBC or along that line.

Hope that helps (for now) ...

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM