[nos-bbs] XP + SwsVpkt

Barry k2mf at ptd.net
Mon Aug 4 19:23:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:49:45 -0400, Gene, K8EE wrote:

> As usual, you have given what seems to be a very thorough
> answer.  I haven't looked at the source code yet, so I can't
> tell you whether it "makes sense" yet.  I'll let you know if it
> doesn't.
>
> Thanks for the time you've spent on this.
>
> 73, Gene - K8EE

No problem.  If you'd like I will send my ether_send(),
ether_recv() and pertinent part of arp_recv() to you off
list.  You can try and match them to the JNOS equivalents.
The one that might give you a little trouble is the code
fragment in arp_recv() since I practically rewrote the
entire ARP module in my NOS to make it a bit more efficient
with a bit less code.

The one that might be a somewhat sticky for you is the
modification to the dump() routines with adding the
interface pointer struct to the calls so as to tell
dump() when NOT to calculate packet checksums (on
packets your NOS machine sees from the other Windows
IP stack), but strictly speaking, you don't need that
mod to make it "play nice".  You only need the ones
in the paragraph above.

Let me know.

--
Barry