[nos-bbs] Access controls

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed Apr 9 20:54:35 EDT 2008

Thank you very much Barry, I was on a side track...

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 14:52 -0400, Barry Siegfried wrote:
> ["(Skip) K8RRA" <k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote]:
>
> > My best information is that an "access.rc" file defines access controls
> > for jnos.  I see "ip access" and "tcp access" commands I believe may be
> > deprecated.  I see some #define(s) related to access control in
> > config.h.  That's about it.
> >
> > Set me straight?
>
> Neither the "access" commands nor their functionality is deprecated.
Thanks - I have added a couple #define parms and there they are in "f"!
Now -- is the access.rc file deprecated or and alternative method?
OR -- is the file my bad dream?
Do you remember which version # access cmds became as they are today?

> They are extremely useful for filter packets.  In fact, the "access"
> command suite has been expanded by some to include "udp access" as
> well.
I have added the IP and TCP access commands into jnoswiki -- per this
experience.  UDP access remains unknown and is not identified in
config.h as an alternative in jnos2f.  OK for now...

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k