[nos-bbs] jnos as a daemon

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Sep 28 14:57:25 EDT 2007

Hey Torsten, Mike, Maiko, all you other silent guys...
I gotta go to confession / here it is:-(

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 19:04 +0200, Torsten Harenberg wrote:
> Hi Skip,
>
> Am 28.09.2007 um 18:37 schrieb (Skip) K8RRA:
>
> > HMMMM...  On my FC-7 the "screen" command is not found by bash in the
> > default path of either user (me) or root.  For my install it
> > remains to
> > be seen if screen made it on to my system in some obscure location.
>
> Maybe just have to grab the RPM from here:
I just now finished a repeat of what I tried a couple days ago.
I can tell you "screen" *IS* in the FC-7 repository,
upon install the man page is in place,
and "screen" is found in the default path of both user and root,
plus all seems well on this node at this moment.
Except for my ego.

Now I can *NOT* explain my last experience when I did not find it.
Perhaps mis-spelling.
Perhaps dotting the wrong icon.
Perhaps scrolling over it.
Perhaps just advancing age.
But some of my conclusions posted about screen over the past couple days
were wrong and also over-complicated.
SORRY!

> http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/devel/i386/
> screen-4.0.3-5.fc7.i386.html
I found exactly this version...
In the repository provided as default with FC-7.

> 73s, Torsten DL1THM

Thanks for stickin with me...

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k