[nos-bbs] INP3 Protocol not accepted ??

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Sep 11 11:55:37 EDT 2007

Hallo J,

> Jnos does not support INP 3 Protocol ??

In September of 2005 I attempted to add INP3 support to JNOS. My
efforts were based on work done by PE1RXQ. I analyzed some kernel
code he had written and tried to add it to the JNOS netrom code.

I had some success, but mostly not. I spent alot of time on it,
and nobody was really asking for it, so I finally put it on the
shelf for later on. I ran out of time, then lost interest.

Who knows - at some point, I'll probably try again ...

> for one reason i can not get NETROM to work on JNOS2.0fB

INP3 is just an *extension* to NETROM (if I may put it that
way). What exactly is not working for your system ? Can you
send us your NETROM entries in your autoexec.nos file ?

Getting back to my INP3 implementation. I would suggest you
do NOT #define INP3 if you are doing your own compile. The INP3
support is not mature, very experimental, and your netrom will
act very strange. Do not use it.

Hope that helps,

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM