[nos-bbs] jnos2 mail problem...

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Wed Nov 21 14:24:16 EST 2007

Greetings,

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, jerome schatten wrote:

> I'm trying to get my jnos2 system up again so some locals can do some
> testing.
>
> Problem: I can't send messages to myself (or any other user) and have
> the message appear on the bbs. I've been down this road before and
> solved the problem, but can't remember what it is that I'm doing
> wrong. The messages end up in the queue (smtp list, shows them all),
> but they never get delivered locally.

   Be sure your jnos boxes hostname is in your domain.txt.  Otherwise the
box will never be able to deliver email to itself.

      --- Jay WB8TKL

"Getting rid of terrorism is like getting rid of dandruff.  It cannot
 be done completely no matter how hard you try." -- Gore Vidal
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)544-4326/Fax        |
| Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]     (734)649-0851/Cell       |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.net] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|
| LinuxNIC, Inc. [www.linuxnic.net]   Registrar of the .linux TLD        |