[nos-bbs] TCP subcommand limit

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Mon May 28 17:32:32 EDT 2007

Greetings,

On Mon, 28 May 2007, Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:

> Hi Skip,
>
> > Does anyone know why the "tcp irtt" command has (should have?)
> > a limit of three lines when it is used to display the srtt cache?
>
> The RTTCACHE define suggests that the limit is actually 16, not 3.
>
> If you are only seeing 3 lines, perhaps it's because the code will
> only show those cache entries that have a IP ADDRESS associated with
> them (if that makes any sense). That's what the code says. If a cache
> entry has no ADDR affiliated with it, then nothing is printed for it.
>
> Barry, perhaps you can eloborate on that one (if you want that is).
>
> Maiko

   For the record -- I'm seeing more than 3, Skip.

21808 Jnos> tcp irtt
TCP default irtt: 4000
68.61.48.160: srtt 174 mdev 69
44.102.152.1: srtt 90 mdev 0
44.102.134.2: srtt 66 mdev 17
216.144.222.51: srtt 36 mdev 7
216.144.208.68: srtt 11 mdev 17
67.149.29.213: srtt 55 mdev 13
216.162.88.70: srtt 53 mdev 2
60.217.255.7: srtt 389 mdev 28
44.102.48.88: srtt 8044 mdev 0
216.144.208.90: srtt 32 mdev 48
59.42.177.60: srtt 503 mdev 2
21808 Jnos>

      --- Jay WB8TKL

"Getting rid of terrorism is like getting rid of dandruff.  It cannot
 be done completely no matter how hard you try." -- Gore Vidal
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)544-4326/Fax        |
| Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]     (734)649-0851/Cell       |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.net] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|
| LinuxNIC, Inc. [www.linuxnic.net]   Registrar of the .linux TLD        |