[nos-bbs] FTP wierd socket from domain.txt

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri May 25 23:28:25 EDT 2007

I can use some help in tying this all together...

Yesterday I reported the FTP anomaly - today I've dug myself into a
hole.

I have traced the strange IP 206.112.100.132 back into the domain.txt
file of my neighbor.  It belongs to the domain "rtimer.ampr.org".  There
are four entries for this domain that seems senseless?

The one link that might work is that the "ip rtimer value" on my
neighbor system is badly set (in my opinion) much too short a time
period.

BUT

I have searched for what rtimer does, and when it times out it makes no
sense to involve ampr.org or IP 206.112.100.132 which is part of Verison
set of addresses.

SO - Is the domain table being garaged up by a jnos bug that is tied to
repeated time-outs of rtimer?

I hope someone can shed some light on this unusual situation.
If you can not - then I hope that you can chuckle about it...

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k