[nos-bbs] JNOS 1.11f

Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB) skoric at uns.ns.ac.yu
Tue May 22 16:28:05 EDT 2007

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:

> Miroslave wrote :
>
>> Recently my JNOS started to say from time to time:
>>
>> "timer: ints were off!"
>

> I'm sure that message started to appear after I switched the JNOS kernel
> to use the ucontext calls instead of the original setjmp/longjmp calls.

Hi Maiko,

I can't recall the exact moment that message started to appear here, but
it seems that it is somehow connected with sending beacons, i.e. when it
sends a beacon, every ten mins or so, another message appears. In
addition, when there is an active forwarding session in place, after
every 5-6 of usual lines with "New mail for ...", there is another
couple of "timer: ints were off!".

> I have not concerned myself too much about it for the time being, since
> JNOS still seems to work. I should probably investigate it at some point,
> since it *might* be an indicator of 'interrupt performance issues'.

Well, I am concerned myself too much, because it seems that after a day
of JNOS running (maybe a bit more, maybe less) - its memory goes too
low, according to the information in the upper left corner, so JNOS
stops with proper operation (sending beacons, accepting incoming
forwarding attempts etc), so the system has to be re-booted. Looks that
low memory started to appear in the same time with "timer: ints were off!".

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB