[nos-bbs] A Wish...

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed May 23 13:56:07 EDT 2007

Steven wrote :

> Although the current direction of Jnos development by means
> of strictly porting to alternate (Yet statistically irrelevent)
> operating systems, and adding more ATTACH features such as various
> wideband HF modes to keep with the winlink trend is interesting

:-)

> use a small consumer IPNAT router for their DHCP and IPNAT needs.

I agree with Barry. I think that's the best way to go. In part, that
is why I have not put any effort into porting the MFNOS DHCP/IPNAT code
into JNOS, although it was tempting a few years ago. Unless a gazillion
people suddenly bombard me with a request for such a feature, I doubt
it will happen during my lifetime - sorry.

Run JNOS with a static IP address behind your firewall/router. You're
not completely isolated - you can always use DMZ features available in
many of today's firewall / router units to route the full wrath of the
internet direct to JNOS, while the rest of the LAN hums along nicely.

Maiko