[nos-bbs] FTP behavior problem

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Thu May 17 14:53:15 EDT 2007

Yup Bob, various FTPs have various extensions.

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 10:43 -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> Issuing a 'help' command at the ftp prompt will give a list of
> commands which the client recognizes.  I typically use ncftp, which
> has 'lls', equivalent to 'ldir'.
My "help" is consistent with my documentation and "ldir" seems like the
only game in town for jnos-FTP on the local directory.  The "dir" is
nice if you like dos formatted listing, and "ls" is nice to capture for
script building when there is no pattern in a group of names you want to
transfer.  So far there is no consensus that "ldir" used to work, or
works everywhere except on my site, or is dearly missed by anyone else
than me.  Probably jnos-ftp is little used...

I'm afraid I have succumb to a couple of the GUI ftp varieties that
display local and remote directories then permit drag-n-drop when I am
not starting from jnos...

> Bob, N7XY
THANKS for your feedback Bob

73