[nos-bbs] AXIP networking

Gene Mayler - K8EE mayler at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 12 16:47:30 EST 2007

Barry,

> On AXIP/AXUDP links it obviously makes no difference, but, does
> anyone actually know whether it legal to use AX.25 aliases in the
> hardware address fields of our frames on amateur packet radio?

We do it with digis, KA-Nodes and netrom nodes all the time.  As long
as the transmitter on each RF port IDs with the station's call sign
every ten minutes (in USA), it's legal.  What's in the frames, is data and
can be anything.  It's just the same as the audio  in voice
transmissions can be anything.  It's the ID every ten minutes (in USA)
that makes you legal.

73, Gene - K8EE