[nos-bbs] AXIP networking

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:27:36 EST 2007

> Try N2NOV. He's had it working in the past with a few stations receiving
> bulls etc.

I'll check but that might be a different project.  BBS messaging isn't
involved here.

> Frankly though what's the point? If we are linking over the Internet why
> not use a more Internet friendly method?

My vision on this project is much like IRLP - to create a virtualized
system of RF access points (aka TNC's...) for AX25 packet.  This is
both at a local level (the back deck packet box that brings two TNC
ports from the back yard into the home system) and a world level (TCP
connect to x.y.net port 1234 for a kiss feed of local packet
activity).

AX25 packet, for all of its problems and issues, is something unique
we can do.  Much very powerful technology is there but currently
vastly underused.  Maybe with a few tweaks it'll get even better.

On top of this ax25 packet level we can do anything from APRS to TCP/IP..

73
Bill - WA7NWP