[nos-bbs] Here's how to compile in DOS (was 'jnos for dos')

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Apr 19 12:29:09 EDT 2007

Hi Robert and others,

For the record, I have sucessfully compiled JNOS 2.0 under :

   Borland C++ 3.0 Copyright (c) 1991, TLIB 3.02, Turbo Link 5.0, Make 3.6
   Borland C++ 3.1 Copyright (c) 1992, TLIB 3.02, Turbo Link 5.1, Make 3.6

Any other compiler, sorry I can't help you. I did try the free Borland 5.X
version a few years ago, but never managed to get things working. Alot of
that however was due to a lack of time, and lack of experience at the
time compiling in a DOS environment (it had been a long time since).

I did NOT use any IDE to do this, it was strictly command line and make.

I have instructions to HELP you compile JNOS 2.0 under DOS. Check out :

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/compdos.txt

The instructions require you to think a bit like a 'software installer'
or 'software developer'. In other words, it is more than just typing in
the command, 'make'. You also need to make sure a few PATH environments
are set correctly, as well you may have to edit a few config files to
make sure that the PATH to the Borland compiler is correct, etc.

Hope that helps.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM